The Brazilian butt lift (BBL) is also referred to as buttock augmentation. If you are considering undergoing BBL, it is essential to understand every step of the procedure. Fortunately, we have highlighted how the Brazilian butt lift is performed. Here are the steps:
1. Marking The Incision For Fat Transfer
The plastic surgeon uses the surgical marker to indicate the area where the patient desires the additional fat. The surgeon also indicates the incision sites. In most cases, the incision site is quite small, with a length of about 2 to 3 mm. Experienced surgeons, like Dr. Sheinbaum, strive to make incisions inconspicuous by positioning them in the buttocks crease.
2. Administration Of Anesthesia
To make the procedure comfortable and painless, anesthesia may be used. Dr. Sheinbaum may choose to use the general anesthesia or local anesthesia with or without the twilight sedation (intravenous sedation). This will be made during a consultation appointment with you about the upcoming brazilian butt lift procedure.
3. Prepping The Buttocks And The Harvest Site For Surgery
- Sheinbaum will disinfect the harvest site and the buttocks with an antibacterial soap. Cleaning the area reduces chances of infection around the surgical site.
4. Making Incision At The Buttock Area And The Harvest Site
Dr. Sheinbaum will make incisions at the harvest sites and the buttocks. Those at the harvest sites are the entry points for liposuction cannula and the infiltration cannula. The liposuction cannula is a tube that delivers the tumescent fluid and suction the fat. The infiltration cannula is designed for injecting the liquid. The buttock incisions are used for fat transfer into the buttocks.
5. Injecting Tumescent Fluid Into The Donor Sites
- Sheinbaum will use the infiltration cannula to inject the tumescent fluid into the area where the fat will be extracted. He or she also injects a small amount into the recipient to facilitate the fat injection. The fluid contains two medicines: epinephrine and lidocaine. The lidocaine numbs the area under treatment while the epinephrine minimizes breeding and bruises.
6. Harvesting Fat From The Donor Sites
The surgeon collects fat from other body parts to have enough fat for the buttocks. The fat is obtained from the flanks and the abdomen using liposuction. Even if you have a weight loss program, you are likely to have sufficient fat in these areas. It is believed that the fat will still survive the impact of weight loss. During the procedure, the fat is collected into a container that is designed to keep it safe from contamination. The vessel also prevents interaction between the air and the fat since exposure to the air reduces the viability of the fat. If you don’t have enough fat for BBL, you could be the ideal candidate for butt implants.
7. Transferring The Fat Into Large Syringes
After the fat is collected, it is transferred into large syringes where the fat separates from the other fluids. The fat is then transferred into smaller syringes while the liquids are discarded. The surgeon then attaches a special cannula into the syringe for precise transfer of the fat.
8. Transfer Of The Fat To The Buttocks
Dr. Sheinbaum will then transfer the fat into the marked buttock area using the syringe and the cannula.
9. Closing The Incisions With Sutures
The incisions will be closed with sutures to prevent the fat from extruding from the area. The suture is used to sew the skin edges together. Dr. Sheinbaum may choose to replace the sutures with steri-strips on the incisions once they are closed.
Schedule an Appointment
We hope our article has helped you understand how the Brazilian butt lift is performed. We endeavor to provide reliable information and quality services to our patients. Dr. Marvin Shienbaum, our lead surgeon, is a certified surgeon with more than 30 years of experience. He is always ready to answer your questions and address your concerns. Feel free to contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation appointment.